Adams Oshiomhole reportedly returned unopposed after a voice affirmation by party members. Chairman of the 2018 convention committee and governor of Jigawa State, Mohammed Badaru, who made the announcement, stated that 18 positions were unopposed, and all were affirmed on Saturday.
Mr. Oshiomole is to replace the outgoing chairman of the party, John Oyegun, who also hails from Edo State. Mr. Oyegun, alongside Oserhermen Osunbor, Clement Ebri, and Ibrahim Emokpaire, were initially in the race but eventually stepped down for Mr. Oshiomhole.
Premium Times reported that in his speech Saturday, Mr Oyegun wished Mr Oshiomhole well as he takes over the reins of the party’s leadership.
Some of the names of those unopposed are:
1. Adams Oshiomhole … National Chairman
2. Ibrahim Masari … National Welfare Secretary
3. Tunde Bello…National Financial Secretary
4. Misbahu L Didi….Representative of the physically challenged
5. Zakari Mohammed….Zonal secretary north central
6. Ibrahim Abdullahi
7. Hassana Abdullahi….Zonal woman leader North Central
8. Nelson Abba….ex-officio North Central
9. Abubabakr Ajiya….Zonal Sec north east
10. Isa Azare….Ex officio North east
11. Tukur Gusau…. Zonal secretary north west
12. Nasiru Haladu….Ex officio North west
13. Mrs Akpabio ….Woman leader South south
Oshiomhole’s ability to wow a crowd through speeches and take on the opposition without a care about whose Ox is gored, have long been considered assets within the APC.
Within the decision makers in the APC, Oshiomhole often comes across as pragmatic, hands-on and a bare-knuckled campaigner who will be instrumental on the stomp in the weeks leading to 2019. Over 6,800 delegates reportedly converged in Eagle Square in Abuja to choose party members who will occupy 42 positions in the party’s National Working Committee (NWC).
In an Instagram post earlier today, Senator Dino Melaye who shaded the party and described their convention as a joke, wrote;
Happy to be away from the joke going on in Naija today.
Political Obituary of APC Activated. Egbe kegbe na bad society… Beast of no nation..egbekegbe…..