Festus Keyamo appointed spokesman for Buhari’s 2019 campaign

Festus Keyamo appointed spokesman for Buhari’s 2019 campaign

0

Festus Keyamo appointed spokesman for Buhari’s 2019 campaign

0
0

Nigerian lawyer, Festus Keyamo (SAN), who has been quite vocal in defending President Buhari against his seemingly increasing critics, has been appointed the Director, Strategic Communications for his 2019 presidential campaigns.

Festus Keyamo appointed spokesman for Buhari’s 2019 campaign lailasnews

Festus Keyamo who announced his position in Buhari’s campaign for the 2019 presidential poll on Twitter, wrote;

:”With this letter below, I have just been appointed the Director, Strategic Communications (Official Spokesperson) for the President’s 2019 Presidential Campaigns. I will be making a formal statement on this much later.”

 

 

Few days ago, President Muhammadu Buhari announced his intention to seek re-election in the 2019 presidential election. Speaking through his personal assistant on New Media, Bashir Ahmed, President Buhari said he was responding to the clamour by Nigerians to re-contest in 2019, adding that he wanted to give NEC the honour of notifying them first.

The tweet read, ”President Muhammadu Buhari has just officially announced his intention to seek re-election in 2019″.

Buhari made the declaration on Monday morning at the National Executive Committee meeting of the ruling All Progressives Congress.

The President said he was responding to the clamour by Nigerians to re-contest in 2019, adding that he wanted to give NEC the honour of notifying them first.

President Buhari, while also receiving Archbishop of Canterbury, Most Reverend Justin Welby in London last week, said it was necessary for him to make his intention public because many Nigerians wanted to know his intention.

“I declared before leaving home because Nigerians were talking too much about whether I would run or not. So, I felt I should break the ice. We have many things to focus on, like security, agriculture, economy, anti-corruption, and many others.

“We needed to concentrate on them, and politics should not be a distraction. The majority of Nigerians appreciate what we are doing, and that is why I am re-contesting,” President Buhari said.

In a statement which was signed by his special adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, the President also recounted some successes of the administration to the Archbishop.

LEAVE YOUR COMMENT

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *